Cookies are small files saved onto your computer by the websites you browse, the majority of these files contain harmless information relating to your usage of the website. A small minority are classed as ‘intrusive’ and are used to track user habits & activity.
The recent changes to EU law state that the user must agree to the use of all non-essential cookies within this site.
Aside from the standard wordpress cookies, the non-essential cookies used by this site are as follows :
- Google Analytics : used to anonymously track user habits when browsing this site only. This is necessary in order to make the site as effective and easy to use as possible
- The twitter API standard cookies
- The addthis API standard cookies
- The facebook connect cookie is used to remember your facebook login and allow you to make comments on content within this site
- A cookie is set to remember your preference for the visibility of the content submenu, showing related pages to the one currently being browsed
The EU law allows us to assume ‘implied consent’, by continuing to use this site we are assuming you agree to our usage of cookies.