WHAT IS ONLINE LEARNING?
ISBerne Online utilizes the Accel Managed Platform (AMP) for Education – a proven model for online learning.
IS Berne Online provides a fully digital, rich curriculum for students that features interactive software, live class sessions, and collaborative environments while giving teachers flexibility and control to maximize a student’s full potential. Many children do not receive the individually focused and flexible learning they need in a traditional classroom setting. Parents and educators who choose IS Berne Online understand the great potential of an individualized education. ISBerne Online extends this choice to those families interested in the added benefits of being linked to an International School in Switzerland.
A Powerful Education Approach
- Rich, challenging, and engaging content, delivered in state-of-the-art online lessons. Our content allows us to deliver lessons in diverse ways that accommodate diverse learning styles.
- An Individualized Learning Plan designed for each child to ensure a customized program that fits each child’s unique strengths, weaknesses, learning styles and aptitudes.
- A Learning Coach (typically the parent) who facilitates progress through daily lessons in the Middle School (Grades 6 – 8) and who plays a supportive role to help the student stay on task in High School (Grades 9 – 12).
- Cutting-edge technology that enables individualized learning to happen anytime, anywhere. The online school itself provides daily lesson plans that automatically update as the child progresses, as well as delivering announcements, online school discussions, and communication and support tools to tie the experience together.
- International accreditation standards are adhered to, with required attendance, standardized testing, and rigorous assessments.
An Exceptional Support System
- Well-qualified, certified teachers are trained in modern teaching methodologies to educate students enrolled in ISBerne Online. A team of subject-specific teachers are assigned to each student that conduct online lectures and discussions, hold office hours, set and grade assignments .
- Academic Coaches and Advisors are assigned per student to help direct the Learning Coach, manage the Individualized Learning Plan, monitor progress, and to focus on each student’s individual needs.
- An ISBerne Online Coordinator is the student’s link to the physical campus and helps coordinate any on-campus stays at the ISBerne physical school.
- College Counselors are available to students to help plan their High School track to achieve their post-secondary goals.
- A community of connected learners: ISBerne Online offers access to virtual clubs that cater to a wide variety of student interests. All core classes include live and recorded teaching sessions where students can interact each week with other students and their teacher.